I am PhD candidate in Economics at the University of Barcelona, supervised by Judit Vall. I am also affiliated with Aix-Marseille School of Economics. I hold masters’ degree from ENSAE Paristech (Statistics) and Paris School of Economics (Development Economics).
I work at the intersection of Development, Political Economy, and Economic History. I am particularly interested in understanding the causes and consequences of violence on racial and gender minorities.
I am on the 2023/2024 Job Market.
In my JMP, I explore the interplay between Enslavement Conditions during Slavery, Family Structure and Childhood Environment in the French Caribbean context. For this project, I use a novel dataset on the universe of enslaved families and their descendants and build an OCR pipeline tailored for handwritten archives (Working Paper).
- I presented my JMP at Harvard for the NEUDC 2023 Conference (4th - 5th of November)
- I joined Aix-Marseille School of Economics as a 4th year PhD Fellow in 2023/2024.
- I have been awarded a STEG-CEPR Research Grant for 2022/2023
- I discussed my ongoing research with Clementine Van Effenterre on Inequalitalks 🎙
- I previously visited the LSE (with Camille Landais) and UBC (with Nathan Nunn).